This policy is available in large print.
your right to privacy;
your rights to information about, and relating to, you – and how it is used
your rights to data security.
This privacy notice explains how Granary Events uses and protects any information that you may give us when using this website or making a booking
How we store information
We take data protection very seriously and ensure that we have the appropriate means to store physical and digital data securely. All digital information is stored on password protected secure servers and all physical information is held in a locked alarmed building. We keep the minimum amount of data necessary to conduct business with you and limit the accessibility of such data to the individuals necessary to carry out such business.
What information we collect about you
When you make an enquiry or booking we may collect the following:
- Customer and/or company name, address, email address and contact telephone number
- In the case of a company making a booking we may also record your VAT number and company contact details.
- When you make a booking with us we collect the names of all the guests who will be staying in our cottages together with their home address.
- We keep a copy of any written correspondence by letter, email or booking forms etc.
- We may collect a debit or credit card number to take a payment.
How we use your information
- We use your home address as part of the card payment processing to validate the card.
- We do not retain any card details given to us over the phone and they are shredded immediately after your payment has been taken.
- Personal information sent to us will only be used for the reason for which it was submitted; such as requesting a brochure, replying to phone calls or emails etc
- We will not pass on or sell your information without your written permission.
- We are required for tax purposes to retain invoice data for up to 7 years after each completed booking.
- Once personal data is no longer needed it will be destroyed securely.
- We may be forced by law to disclose your details i.e. to fraud prevention agencies, however all information passed on will be conducted within GDPR guidelines.
- Our website contains links to other sites where we cannot be held responsible for either their content or privacy practices.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. The cookie collects standard internet log information and tracks visitor use of our website helping our analysis of which pages are important to our visitors. This helps us to compile statistical reports on website activity. You can choose to accept or decline cookies by setting your browser to reject all cookies, however some webpages may not load correctly unless cookies are enabled. See www.aboutcookies.org for more information.
CCTV surveillance cameras
- The Granary wedding barn and Elms Farm Cottages site together with our farmyard is monitored by CCTV.
- Elms Farm Cottages operate these cameras for the security of all guests, their property and the safety of our staff.
- Data is recorded securely on a password protected hard drive which overwrites old data once the drive is full.
- People who have access to the recorded data are the owners John and Carol Emerson.
- Data may be shared with the police if requested.
We may gather anonymous information which may be used by us for advertising, tracking user trends, popularity of web pages, country of origin, search engine keywords, link referring sites etc. This is generally collected through a tracking device such as Google Analytics and will be used to optimise our website to give the user an improved web experience. Data collected by Google Analytics is saved anonymously.
The copyright of the material contained in this Web Site belongs to Granary Events. Images and text on this web site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective owner(s).
By using our site you are agreeing to our privacy conditions. Please do not continue using our website if you do not agree to the conditions contained therein.